Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
What is the Year 7 Catch-Up Premium?
The Year 7 Catch-Up Premium gives schools additional funding to support Year 7 pupils who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
2019/20 intended catch up spend
At Oasis Lord’s Hill we have 51 eligible pupils in 2019/20. Incoming students are assessed individually on their needs. Of the eligible pupils, 43 were below the nationally expected standard in English upon entering the Academy. 30 were below the nationally expected standard in Mathematics. 21 were below the nationally expected standards in English and Mathematics.
Based on 2018/2019 funding levels, this has resulted in a budget allocation of £12,719 for this academic year.
How is this money being spent?
- £3,459 funding towards a Literacy/Numeracy Higher Level Teaching Assistant to deliver English Mastery Phonics and Maths Mastery coaching programme to Year 7 students identified.
- £4,000 funding subscription to the Accelerated Reader programme, requiring all Year 7 students to follow this programme. All underachieving Year 7 students have a weekly literacy group session to track their reading progress.
- £2,630 English Mastery Phonics programme and training for English Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
- £2,630 Maths Mastery coaching programme and training for Maths Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
For information on our catch-up premium, please click on the above button.
In this report you will find information on:
- How much premium our Academy received this year
- How we intend to spend the funding
- What we spent our funding on last year
- What difference this made to our students
- How we assessed the effect this had.