We believe that all students should have access to an excellent broad education that provides opportunities for students to flourish. We believe that all areas of our curriculum are of a high quality and we have a particular expertise within the arts.
We have excellent links with the Saints Foundation and our Saints Champion delivers a wide range of sporting activities during the school day, and after school.
Academic support, revision sessions, homework clubs or enrichment activities like Trampolining Club, Cooking Club, Rock Challenge or STEM Club to name just a few.
Our curriculum is enhanced by a number of trips and visits, which develops students’ cultural capital and an appreciation of the skills required beyond the curriculum.
- Maths Homework Support - Every Tuesday & Friday, 3 - 4pm. Years 7 - 10.
- STEM Club - Every Tuesday, 3 - 4pm. Years 7 - 10.
- Creative Writing - Every Tuesday, 3-4pm. All year groups welcome.
- Film Adaptation Club - Every Tuesday, 3.05-4.05pm. All year groups welcome. With Miss Smallbone in room 2.08.
- Cooking Club - Every Wednesday, 3.05-4.05pm. Years 7 - 10. Bring £1 and a container. With Piero in the Food Room.
- GCSE Graphic Products Catch up - Every Wednesday 4-5pm. Year 10 & 11. With Mrs Humphreys in Room G8.
Our Library is open to all students at break, lunch, before and after school for Homework,
Reading and SpellZone. Break and lunch time only on Fridays.
Year 11 Period 6 Intervention timetable
Monday – Science (Selected students only)
Tuesday – History, Geography and Languages (Selected students only)
Wednesday – Options lessons (Selected students only)
Thursday – English (Selected students only)
Friday – Options lessons (Selected students only)
Trips and Visits
Students' learning and understanding is enhanced by trips and visits. Some visits are arranged as part of the national curriculum programme of studies for example: museums, theatres, community centres, art galleries etc. Other trips are provided as an extra-curricular opportunity or as a reward. Our students also represent the Academy well at a variety of competitions.
Students have recently visited:
- We Day UK
- Rock Assembly
- Paulton's Park
- Thorpe Park
- Hong Kong
- Other Oasis Academies
We also welcome visitors to the Academy. Recently we have been entertained by the singer songwriter Rich Cottell, wowed by the Olympian Pete Waterfield and cooked with Celebrity Chef Paul Rankin.