Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
SEND Provision at Oasis Academy Lord's Hill
Oasis Academy Lord's Hill is becoming an over-subscribed successful, 11-16 mixed comprehensive school, with an increasing number of students with SEND. The school is situated in Lord's Hill, which is a district in Southampton and is situated in the west side of the city. The school enjoys enthusiastic staff, governor and parental involvement and has an active commitment to staff development.
Oasis Academy Lord's Hill is a mainstream secondary school and we are delighted to be working in partnership with our students, their families and the wider community to release their enormous potential. Our SEND department, named the Personalised Learning Centre is situated on the second floor of the academy and each room within the Personalised Learning Centre is catered to meet the 4 Primary Areas of Need (Cognition and Learning, Communication and Interaction, Social, Emotional, Mental health and Sensory and or/physical. In addition, all of the team within the centre are experts in these four domains to ensure that can provide the best care to the students with Special education al needs.
In addition to the Personalised learning Centre, we have our newly devised SPACE centre which is a daily SEMH intervention suite to be able to provide immediate support to those students who may feel they need emotional intervention, and this swift intervention ensures that students can swiftly re-engage in lessons and their learning with a clear pathway for support in place.
- A passion to include everyone
- A desire to treat everyone equally
- A commitment to healthy open relationships
- A deep sense of hope, that things can change and be transformed
- A sense of perseverance to keep going for the long haul
‘We want to be an outstanding school, not for the badge or to lord it over others. No, we want to be outstanding because this community deserves it.’
Mr Bond, Principal
Our Vision to Support Students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) at Oasis Academy Lord's Hill
As a school we are fully committed to providing an inclusive learning experience for all and ensure that the academic, social, emotional and mental health needs of all children who have special educational needs are met. We embrace the fact that every child is different and, therefore, the educational needs of every child are different. In our school, students will be provided with high quality teaching adapted to suit the diverse needs of all learners. We are an inclusive school and offer a range of provisions to support children with additional needs to help them achieve our aims.
- What does the curriculum look like for children with special educational needs and disabilities?
- How are parents involved in the academy and how can I be involved?
- What is meant by Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
- What is SEN Support?
- How will my child’s data be shared at Oasis?
- What is the role of the SENCo at Oasis?
- What support will there be for my child's overall well-being?
- How will my child be included in activities outside of the classroom, including school trips?
- How accessible is the academy environment?
- How will the academy prepare and support my child in joining the academy or the next stage of education and life?
If your child has specific needs that you would like to discuss in further detail, please feel free to contact our Head of SEND, Mrs Amanda Morgan.
For any complaints regarding SEND provision or support in the academy please contact Amanda Morgan, Head of SEND or Alex Lowe, Vice Principal/SEND Strategic Lead on email in the first instance. For formal complaints, please follow the academy complaints procedure which can be found here.
Click here find out more about our SEND team!
Lead Psychologist and Coach
Clinical Director & Specialist Speech and Language Therapist